Monday, March 19, 2012

Tower of Brahma - Christ, This is Easy - 62.c (of 64) [edit]

5/3/10

Buy a drink, blend in, slip between the cracks. You're a normal human being enjoying an alcoholic beverage. At a bar where people gather to consume and forget, a place where your past and these consistently shaking hands should be forgotten.

Confidence is hard, carrying a deflated ego across the world, hefting the bloated carcass of a self along the power-lines of my life. After Jesus was resurrected he assumed a false identity, scouring the land for all that he could fix and realign.

Now it's my time. I'm here, in his name, reborn in his image, sweeping over all that I see to enlighten and brighten against all odds. I know you hate me, envy me, and it's quite alright. I really don't mind.
I have a job to do. I am carrying the weight of everything else within me. So display your discomfort, explain your dilemmas, and know that I'm listening. I may not seem like I care, but I totally do. I want us all to be happy and fulfilled.

A few drinks makes it better. A smoke outside, a beverage in hand, the night's coolness set upon us all. Abuse of alcohol makes it easier to interact. Makes our fallible human nature that much easier to consume. It's better than being revealed stark sober.

I don't judge you, even though I do, but I love you all nonetheless. I know how hard it is. I've experienced it first hand as one of you. Talk about it all like it matters, dancing among the discourse, taking in the pain and beauty of every day living.

I will swallow it all and make of it what I can, I promise you that. It's my pleasure to be of service, my disrupted youth, my flock of helpless servants to oblivion. I put words down and make this all a bit easier to consume. It may not be to your liking, but it's all I can do to take in and digest the everything that surrounds me.

I creep out of the crypt, dancing before your eyes, breathing in the discord in your discourse. I shave my beard into a fierce goatee and slide into society. You don't see me here but I know that you appreciate my efforts.

You're welcome.

No comments: