This was a sickness that I couldn't understand. A physical reaction to sociological bacteria. So yes, I was mad, in more ways than one, but felt completely ineffectual in my ability to do anything about it. But this was a novel about ending the world, wasn't it?
Thursday, February 28, 2013
End the Pain, Start the World
So I was feeling pretty pessimistic, and ultimately, insanely angry that life seemed to be so vacuous, so utterly devoid of substance. I eventually saw that I was nowhere near the first, nor only, person who felt this way. But I was angry. I felt cheated out of a real existence. I blamed everyone else, the system, the laziness of human beings, the tyranny of corporations.
This was a sickness that I couldn't understand. A physical reaction to sociological bacteria. So yes, I was mad, in more ways than one, but felt completely ineffectual in my ability to do anything about it. But this was a novel about ending the world, wasn't it?
This was a sickness that I couldn't understand. A physical reaction to sociological bacteria. So yes, I was mad, in more ways than one, but felt completely ineffectual in my ability to do anything about it. But this was a novel about ending the world, wasn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment