If anything Spider represents the ongoing fictional arc, as Fenris slips between being a secret agent recruit and Charles Crown, a lost writer and my avatar in this alternate reality I was shaping. I really like the aspect of Tarantino violence as performance art, and was quite impressed with myself regarding the subtle telepathic conversation. I felt like I was writing whatever would be my version of The Invisibles, The Prisoner, the Matrix.
Also interesting here is the removal of the influence of Fenris' affect upon the coffee shop girl, a sign that I was giving too much away to relationships, and also a glimmer of the colossal Christ Complex I have within me. Spider wants everyone else to be playing the game of consensus reality so he can get away with whatever he wants, and so sees himself as more a demi-god, though in my head it feels more like a programmer altering code.

No comments:
Post a Comment