I also recall the experience I had atop the mountain overlooking New Paltz, where I was once going to college. I drove back up almost a decade later to look at the school once more, imagine the alternate life I could have lived, writing in nature, running about dorm rooms, bouncing around a college town as a dirty hippy. It was there on the mountain that I made my first real world bargain with the universe, to give me the power to become who I always wished myself to be.
Monday, February 25, 2013
Long Island never felt like home, A mountain in New Paltz leads to momentus change
This chapter reflects a bit on what I considered home at this point in my life. My parents had recently split, my grandmother passed away years before, taking with her the soul of our extended family. My girlfriend at the time had her life, her family and friends, but I had none of that, nor was I ever truly a part of hers.
I also recall the experience I had atop the mountain overlooking New Paltz, where I was once going to college. I drove back up almost a decade later to look at the school once more, imagine the alternate life I could have lived, writing in nature, running about dorm rooms, bouncing around a college town as a dirty hippy. It was there on the mountain that I made my first real world bargain with the universe, to give me the power to become who I always wished myself to be.
I also recall the experience I had atop the mountain overlooking New Paltz, where I was once going to college. I drove back up almost a decade later to look at the school once more, imagine the alternate life I could have lived, writing in nature, running about dorm rooms, bouncing around a college town as a dirty hippy. It was there on the mountain that I made my first real world bargain with the universe, to give me the power to become who I always wished myself to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment