Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Heaven/Hell of our own design

Tower of Brahma. 62e. White Lie Like the Devil pt.1 (edit)

5/17/10

With each chapter I wanted to focus upon one aspect of the future and explore each part of what this world would be like in my vision. Sixty-four people remaining, in a safety-bag cocoon, each one a prisoner of their own design. A metaphor for how we can all get caught up in our head, losing ourselves to our passions, but they're not real. It's all an illusion and distraction from tangible interaction. And once that is lost, isn't the essence of humanity ultimately lost as well?

There's a lot of meditation on prisons, cells, traps, reality, virtual reality, heaven, and hell within the pages of this book, and in the end all I can say is that real human connectedness exists, however fleeting it may be. And it's all that matters. Everything else is a distraction from the flow of time, a shadow of our dreaming brought alive by our hands. How much experience is sufficient for a human being? What are the heights of self-indulgence? What is the outcome of it all?

I suppose we see, we observe, calculate and gamble, and the not knowing the next move, no matter how premeditated, is what we are all waiting for. The unquantifiable sum of all actions crashing into eternal possibilities. The logistical equation working itself out until the very end. All I want is to see the whole picture and interject my words right where they're needed most. I suppose that's all we can ask for.

No comments: