Saturday, May 4, 2013

This is what the Devil asked of me

Tower of Brahma. 62 D. This is a novel. (edit)

5/10/10

This one starts as the overall issue I saw approaching, and just three years later it's become so much of a reality to have our personalities stored into our smartphones, a 64GB interface profile. I knew that this was the direction my life was going, that I walked a fine line between analog hopefulness and digital disconnectedness. That in a digital world I could have all I asked for, except for the one thing I desperately sought, real world visceral experience. I would have to transcend anxiety for that to happen.

Then I kick it back into the novel and we see the remaining humans as blobs across the landscape, the final 64 humans tele-community. And now it was my job to burst all these bubbles and allow the last of mankind to be judged and purged from the Earth. It was a perfect job for me, fulfilling the Christ Complex I had within me, and also making me its ultimate betrayer. But humanity had done its best and it will sit and rot to the bitter end in these pods if someone doesn't do something.

Elder Charles could never take them out, for he knew them all intimately, had built an entire corporation and worldwide community with them. Each had served their purpose to what he thought was the greater good, but in the end it was just yet another distraction. The guilt from 33 year old Charles would catch up to him in the end, but this way the very end, and who better to clean up his mess than the one who signed the damn deal in the end.

No comments: