Monday, May 6, 2013

What if you were given free reign to create endlessly but had to do so alone?

Tower of Brahma. 62f. Over & Over (edit)

5/24/10

A further exploration of the bubble hivemind that was the final remnants of humanity. This time getting closer to what I feel like my intentions are towards writing, or at least a theme that ran through this entire novel, and my entire life: destruction of archaic ideas.

By processing all of humanity's achievements, marking a timeline of anthropological creativity, in calculating all that has come before and seeing what it was all about, in that way the meaning of life could be distilled from the collective consciousness. In the final days we all put out exactly what we have within us, and in that moment we shine.

I was just tired of repeating patterns in my life, though I see I am still circling the tower, and perhaps always will be. That seems as true an existence as life has presented to me so far. Keep creating, keep consuming, feeding that unseemly beast we call the human spirit. But surely there had to be an end to it all...

No comments: