Tower of Brahma. 62G. God's Not Home (edit)
5/31/10
And so, I send myself to Hell. The last two people on the planet and they're both me, though battling out virtually. In the end I had to see myself for who I was, or who this future version of myself would become, and what the path to good intentions had created. More alone than ever, atop the food chain, and isolated, pretending the connectivity of wi-fi and A/V could provide was enough to keep the whole human race going. But it could never be that way.
And so, I hope to bury Pride. I like to think I have, not realizing that it was my deadly sin after all. The others are disposed of easily enough, but it is the Ego that fights to stay afloat when the times are hard, and the task seems impossible. I want to believe I am special, that this journey I'm on is important, and that this book somehow will matter to someone, somewhere, at some point in time. And in the end, it is important, life-changing, to me.
I became a better person, a more sane and whole person, after writing this book. I see that all these chapters are written just at the very end of who I thought I was, and who I was about to become. That a new adventure was waiting beyond the curtains drawing closed on the Tower. I had successfully destroyed the prison of my own design, but then quickly began following the path of tormented sadness and the steady climb back to being a healthy and happy human being.

No comments:
Post a Comment