Saturday, March 16, 2013

De La Guarda was my welcome to NYC performance

From putting all my worldly possessions into a storage unit on Long Island, to a rooftop overlooking the lights of what was once the Twin Towers, just three years after our collective sense of security and stability in the world was shattered. It was dark times then. Everyone was angry, everyone had PTSD, everyone wanted in, everyone had an unpopular opinion. I had given up on my obsession with the Bush administration and the shady dealings that were even just public knowledge. It seemed blatant and utterly hopeless, at least in a straight forward protesting sense, and I was too lazy to fight for change.

Instead my path lead me to DE LA GUARDA, a performance art dance piece by the people behind FUERZA BRUTA, now closing outside Union Square. I had no idea what to expect and it was exactly the completely visceral creative experience I needed to explode out of my shell. Also a lot of comparisons to cosmic level events in my first few weeks going out in NYC. I did feel that level of creation churning inside me. The end of the 27 series, and for awhile an end to the chapters as I settled into my new life.


The tower of brahma - 27 - pt. FIVE

09/13/04

No comments: