Friday, March 22, 2013

Enlightenment via Textual Testament

the Tower of Brahma - thirtythree - hourglass + gear = fractal wormhole (edit)

02/26/06

Thus begins the "lost chapters" of The Tower of Brahma. When I was living in NYC, well, things got crazy fast. I was unemployed by Valentine's Day, atop a Mountain by St. Patrick's Day, and in LA in time for Coachella. And drunk at open bars in-between. Not a lot of time to record what was happening.

When I did restart writing chapters, I knew that stuff had happened that would need addressing in the lost moments of non-writing. So I jumped ahead to my favorite number 38 and by mid-2005 I was back on track writing furiously to save my soul. Chapters 33-37 I wrote later in 2006, trying to reflect on this point in my life as if I was observing myself objectively, distancing myself from the writer Charles Crown.

This is a chapter where I try and play with perception, building an impossible evolving word game revelation. My main reason for writing this book is to achieve whatever level of enlightenment one can gain from writing their journey and overcoming pre-conceived notions of reality, while maintaining your sanity.

No comments: