Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Tower of Brahma - a noir memior, post-modern pulp adventure

The Tower of Brahma - Chapter 30 - getting old (edit)
10/18/04 
I love this chapter. I was reflecting on being closer to 30 than 21, now running amuck in NYC, where would the future take me? While that was happening in my head, the characters Agent Fenris and Agent Spider, my homage to Tarantino & Rodriguez, secret agents of chaos sent forth to complete the Tower of Brahma and thus end the world as we know it, a mercy killing in place of forces beyond our control, evil and ancient conspiracies that want to enslave us all, well, these two personalities from my college screenplay from 1997, they wanted out into the world.

This chapter plays with some meta-science fiction, quite literally breaking the fourth wall via language based deconstruction of reality. I wanted this book to become a novel of a new sort, a noir memoir, post-modern pulp, a romp through the subconsciousness that explores the post-apocalyptic Christ Complex I had buried within me.

This is where the adventure begins.

No comments: