Monday, March 11, 2013

My first night out in NYC, the night my life changed

This is where the tale of Kurt Christenson as you know him today began. My first real night out in NYC, checking out Rooftop Quality at Detention, hitting up Lucy's and meeting Diana, who would be the reason I am a New Yorker of note these days. Or at least I like to think so.

My opinion of New York nightlife hasn't changed. This is what I saw when I first got here, and what I still see today, though I've managed myself into a position to make it all work for me rather than oppress and depress me. That took years of work and 38 chapters of writing, which works out as that is my lucky number. I love the synchronicity involved in this work.

So just imagine me typing away in the corner of the bar on Sidekick, long haired, baby-faced and nearly upon my 27th year, my Saturn's Return. This was a whole new reality.


THE TOWER OF BRAHMA: Chapter 26 - Breastfed Universe (edit)

08/09/04

No comments: