the tower of brahma - chapter 40 - anti-matter jazz (edit)
I really love this chapter. My life was one year deep into NYC and it was changing drastically again. I had met a Aussie-Brit and suddenly I was feeling like I was on top of the chaos, riding it effortlessly. So I made myself cool. I went all noir detective, dive bar beatdown, walking the beats of the poetic action straight into the inner core of myself.
The aspects I wished to find in myself: the Artist, the Rockstar, the Warrior, the Assassin, and the Writer, were all reduced to action movie cliches as I tried to cut through to what this book meant, what I was trying to accomplish, what it meant to be Agent Fenris...
Spider takes a more active yet submissive role from here on. In fact this chapter is written from the Charles Crown persona, trying to make it all so fantastic that it's somehow easier to digest.

No comments:
Post a Comment