Saturday, March 9, 2013

Remember when I went to San Diego Comicon 2004 and my life changed?

I pretty much love this chapter. Again we see my affinity for equipping footwear with mystical-sci-fi properties, here my teenage red and recently acquired blue Converse, my superpowered sneakers of choice. This was written after I got back from San Diego Comicon. I had bought new clothes, and had made my best attempt to be "cool". I'll have to post a picture of the t-shirt I had when I wanted to channel Agent Spider. I had a small attachment for my Sidekick to take photos so I have some really lo-fi photos of the whole convention.

And the convention was amazing. We were sitting with Joe Kelly and the Man of Action table when they were working on X-Men I believe after a solid run redefining Superman. They were also starting to pitch cartoon properties and accepted us as equal creators and hooked us up. We met so many people, had a business breakfast with Richard Starkings, met Eddie Campbell, and yeah, overall it was the moment that should have been the highlight of my entire life. But it wasn't what I wanted. I felt like a fool, another idiot hocking my wares, no real ability to sell myself at all.

This chapter also adds a bit more inventive storytelling as I wanted to capture the anything goes aspect of comic books but make it a literary adventure, or an epic poem of everyday action. It starts at the end and slips backwards as time catches up to my story leaping. Life catching up to me as my wake begins to wash over me. And I really like the title for this one.


THE TOWER OF BRAHMA: Chapter 24 - quasar tripping

07/31/04

No comments: