Sunday, March 17, 2013

Redefining myself in NYC, becoming King

I needed to assert myself as the main character, had to tell myself, had to evolve from lost, lonely poet into he who would be King. I also gained incredible insight into how everyone was their own main character, how we all have this whole world of experience between us all. My birthday is always transformative, and here I was transformed, a totally different person in one month, with twenty seven years of foreplay.

And life really did feel so utterly magical at the time. Restuarants would empty out as I dove into deep conversation with Diana at Thai on Clinton, crying my eyes out at 151 as the depression shook from my shoulders. Thank God for her patience as I unraveled that mess of myself back then. I guess she saw something in me, I hope it's who I am today.


The Tower of Brahma - 28 - we're all the main character (edit)

09/23/04 

No comments: