Written while reading Fight Club (first edition) on the LIRR, going out for interviews at the paparazzi agency I would come to work for, to go out and do shots with this new group of photo editing weirdos. Dancing and drinking in NYC, it didn't get any better. So I watched as the houses passed by outside the window and said goodbye to suburbia, to Long Island, to my home, my life, my past. It was a clean slate and I felt pretty powerful. Enough to be vulnerable to myself.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Personal Vulnerability is essential
I've always felt overly emotional, to the point of ultimate detachment. I care so hard and so constant that I have almost become immune to its effects. As years passed and I learned how to physically create catharsis, manipulating drama towards maximum mutual benefit, this was how I would save the world. To take the system, to learn how others couldn't feel, what they wanted to say, how desperate we all were for connection and how hard it is to find and maintain that.
Written while reading Fight Club (first edition) on the LIRR, going out for interviews at the paparazzi agency I would come to work for, to go out and do shots with this new group of photo editing weirdos. Dancing and drinking in NYC, it didn't get any better. So I watched as the houses passed by outside the window and said goodbye to suburbia, to Long Island, to my home, my life, my past. It was a clean slate and I felt pretty powerful. Enough to be vulnerable to myself.
Written while reading Fight Club (first edition) on the LIRR, going out for interviews at the paparazzi agency I would come to work for, to go out and do shots with this new group of photo editing weirdos. Dancing and drinking in NYC, it didn't get any better. So I watched as the houses passed by outside the window and said goodbye to suburbia, to Long Island, to my home, my life, my past. It was a clean slate and I felt pretty powerful. Enough to be vulnerable to myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment