The Tower of Brahma: Chapter 49 - Boy Cries Wolf (edit)
Okay, so dark times, but also, very exaggerated for the sake of story. I was just finishing up my first real writing class in over a decade, and I was trying to write this story away from myself. I bottled up all the crazy I felt, and attached it to this other version of myself, Charles Crown. I had him institutionalized, replacing my real life cold, logical, heartbreaker of a girlfriend at the time, as this clinical psychologist, as she was the daughter of a scientist, and loved me like one.
So all the pain and frustration of writing, getting what I wanted, a published book but have it mean nothing, gain love but have it only feel like therapy, still being unable to feel like I could connect with other people, I shuffled this all off to this alternate reality I had created for myself. It was a petri dish that I could experiment in and watch as what I truly wanted and felt revealed itself to me one word at a time.
From here we enter the third act. Charles is now in the hands of the enemy, he's written what they've wanted, but he has no idea what he's written, what will happen to him, but he knows it's something bad and he doesn't want to live it. He begins to rebel against the overwhelming forces of control in his life, but also he's so weak that he can barely stand to fight. The climb within himself has left him spent.

No comments:
Post a Comment