Sunday, April 14, 2013

I was writing a book, my book, on my phone while zipping along the EuroRail to Paris!

(click title to read chapter)

Tower of Brahma 56 Paris Street Affair (edit)

1/19/09
(commentary)

It was 2009 and I was depressed. I needed to do something drastic, so Ben and I decided to go to Amsterdam in the new year. I had just met Lauren via Match.com, the girl who would destroy my life but in the most, it all doesn't matter sort of way, thusly freeing me but also driving me into the ground emotionally. BUT, before we get there, I was in Paris!

Ben and I had gone to Amsterdam and just smoked ourselves silly, but the weather was so sobering that it was immediately gone. So we trekked about, hit up a ton of shops that were essential, and there was an environment for any manner of stoner aesthetic. From minimalist decor with International hip-hop tracks blasting to dusty den with bad TV playing, dust mites dancing in the setting sun's unborn galaxy of an afternoon.

Paris was rude, though to be honest, the two of us and our appalling French, three days of freezing, smoking and drinking in Amsterdam on our faces, obviously American. So I bought a mis-printed, degenerate cheap t-shirt memento, lips and a tongue licking cherries, PARIS written in some manner of candy can striped balloon letters. It's a personal favorite.

No comments: