(click title to read chapter)
The Tower of Brahma 55 Revelations (edit)
(commentary)This one is meant to be read out loud. So many twists and turns, playing with language, visual puns, and general tomfoolery with the beat and sounds of syllables and synonyms. It's hard and becomes infectious, and really, it's the root of my writing. This mad, beat poetry is what I truly enjoy writing. Spur of the moment, stream-of-consciousness celebration of the written word and all the magic it can invoke.
I lost a chapter here. I remember writing about my dad, really addressing some dark issues I had with him. There was also a lot I wrote about my grandmother, but it was so filled with truths that somehow, by accident or grand design, I deleted it in an accident that would plague me for a long time. Still to this day, four and a half years later, it still stings. But it's gone, and letting go is also a major theme in this book.
I try and tap into this type of writing more and more as it's the kind that makes me the most happy. Nine chapters left, though I drag it out a bit longer than that by breaking them into subsections. Here I did the same, but condensed it into one chapter as it was all part of one writing session.

No comments:
Post a Comment