Monday, April 1, 2013

Movie Theater Throwdown, Secret Agency Darling

The Tower of Brahma: Chapter 43 - Everyone's a secret agent. (edit)

04/05/06

From the near death experience, tapping into the childhood secret agent fantasy that was the intial inspiration for Agent Fenris & Agent Spider, I know jump fully into my life as I know it to be ending right now. Seven years ago this was written, I had just moved in with Jared, who would be my substitute Agent Spider in this adventure into us seeing Tony Ja's The Protector (aka Tom Yoong Gong), and my meeting and dating a sweet, hot, talented young lady who I was overwhelmed by.

I always regretted how I blew her off, so afraid of diving into yet another relationship (single just barely six months at this point), I would hold her as this figure I would have to make things up to somehow. I saw her earlier this year for the first time since. It was weird. It was amazing. But I felt saddened, hollow because of it all. We were the same, but so much more gutted. Anyways, I'm sorry Agent Strange. You deserved better than that.

Mixing a poetic turn of phrase with action scenes is one of my favorite things, and this is one of the better examples of it. I never wanted to write a normal book. I wanted an epic poem of a memoir, a paperback pulp journal of boundless expression and gigantic ambition. Every chapter from here on out only gets more intense, dark, and intriguing into the overall mystery of what the Tower of Brahma actually is, and what it means to be the unlucky chosen one to close the book on the sham that was humanity.

No comments: