The Tower of Brahma. Chapter 60. Sexty. (edit)
This chapter is definitely one of my favorites. Trying to bridge the gap between science fiction and the more ethereal poetic writing I so enjoy. It's also bringing in the main bad guy, of a sorts, myself at age 60. Using technology from the year 2036 my sixty year old self pulls me out of the past, much as my forty seven year old version did in chapter 47, but this time it's a bit more sinister.
This also really cements the idea that I can't connect with most people because I'm half wild-canine spirit and half artificial intelligence, that I died when I was younger by choking on that hot dog (as seen in chapter 42) and that this government program helped me develop a personality by making a science experiment of me. It's really the coolest secret origin I could imagine, tying in my wild boy Wolverine daydreams, and my problem solving puzzle brain.
Next up we'll get a sense of the future and what the final act is really all about. It took my 60 chapters to work through pain, pleasure, and everything in-between just to figure out who I am and what I wanted to do with this book, with my life. This is my final test, nothing lies ahead but the conquering of the self.

No comments:
Post a Comment