Tower of Brahma 48 - Anthropology of Entertainment (edit)
So basically, there I was in the middle of the book, well, more or less as I had just finished the "lost chapters" 32-37, gone back to college, the New School, and started to get this book on track. But I was still questioning as to why create at all? I wanted to talk about what it felt like to sit with the weight of these entire universes, tales upon tales, endless stream of fiction that was spiraling about inside my brain. I needed to know it was worth it to continue. Was I a writer? Did I want to be? Could I finish something for once?
The chapters in the Tower of Brahma are set up to reflect my own personal numerology based around the number 64, which I was basing off the I-Ching. 8 elements times 8 elements in an ancient binary system made sense to me. It was mystic mathematics, which is the opposite of what the actual Tower of Brahma is, a mathematical principle gussied up as Eastern Apocalyptic myth.
It seemed like utter chaos, synchronicities mapped out in a madman's delirium, slapdash stream-of-consciousness with only the most mundane and fantastic action as the guiding forces. The equation came out to who I am, who I always was, what I'm meant to be. A personal puzzle where the ultimate reality is revealed, one piece at a time, forging this incredible whole that is the true Alchemical design. Transmutation of the Soul through the written word.

No comments:
Post a Comment