Tower of Brahma - 50 - We're Building the New World: Order {edit}
Officially kicking off the third act, we are introduced to Mike Gallows, a character that was in the originally screenplay as the main opposing adversary to Agents Fenris & Spider. In the height of the second act in the script he had played Russian Roulette with Fenris, and on the first bullet shot himself in the head, because let's face it, it's never the first shot in movies. Here I've repurposed him as a figure representing the Conspiracy behind the creation of the Tower of Brahma, an authority figure that wrangled up a collective of creative individuals.
If anything he's a bit of a menacing Morpheus from the Matrix, realigning myself with the part of me that I had transferred into the other side of reality, just beyond the mirrors. The scientist in this, much like the previous chapter, was a version of my girlfriend at the time, a cold and logical force that made me face all the issues in my life by denying me affection and attention as I was often used to. Also, she had emotionally been distant as she was spending half her time with her ex-boyfriend.
Gallows was also a bit of an amalgamation of the teachers I had at New School, having just started my second semester, taking philosophy and reading the classics, the Iliad, the Odyssey & the Aeneid. I've never really bonded with any mentor figure in my life, always remaining too distant to connect to anyone of the male persuasion. But putting my fictional self into the submissive position, letting him be taken care of, submitting to the process of clinical evaluation, that was so comforting at the time. Little did I know that almost exactly two years later I would check myself into the psych ward.
Also the title here is my reclaiming of the infamous NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM, the catchphrase for the grand American conspiracy. Here, and in the second book in this trilogy, NEW WORLD refers to America as a place of redefinition and potential, and ORDER is in reference to a group, a collective of Knights or Agents. This would be the Liberal Democrat version of the Conservative Republican conspiracy.

No comments:
Post a Comment