(click title to read chapter)
Tower of Brahma 56 Amsterdam Decompression London Debriefing (edit)
(commentary)There is this crazy hotel just outside the airport in Amsterdam, like a giant black monolith building, and tricked out to be the most fully automated hotel experience possible. In-house credits and seriously, ridiculously sci-fi designs to the rooms. It was awesome.
What an insane way to end this adventure, Ben separated and flown off to have his own adventure in Berlin, and here I could rest for a day, shave off my impressive travel beard, and lie naked watching TV in a wall to wall bed. I have two pictures from that day that I feel like best show who I am, me at my happiest, and clean shaven, which usually just looks weird to me. But it's all about the hair.
So yeah, the last night in Amsterdam I got into this headspace that really felt like I was pulling the lights and behind the scenes elements down upon me, and there was this spotlight and I was center stage. It was surreal, and effected me so that there was my life before that, and then ever after. It was a validation that I was a writer, being dragged across the surface of the present moment, shooting off sparks of short fictional recounting to hold those responsible accountable.

No comments:
Post a Comment